Facility Information Location & Map Room Pictures Pricing Availability Application Procedures LCBO link PAL Insurance Link SmartServe Link
- Complete the Application Form - Word format
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon receipt of your Application Form, we will tentatively reserve the date and time for you.
- Upon receipt of your Payment, we will issue a Permit.
- If the date of your event is GREATER than 3 months away, a deposit of 50% is required upon issuance of the permit.
- If the date of your event is in LESS than 3 months away, the FULL payment is required upon issuance of the permit.
Note: The Application form can be emailed and the payment dropped off at the Recreation Complex, Attention: Facility Booking, 1867 Valley Farm Road, Pickering, Ontario, L1V 3Y7.
- For any Social Function (for example parties, jack & jills, showers), the above applies and a Security Deposit is required in the amount of $200. This Security Deposit is required at least 3 weeks prior to the event and is cashed to ensure sufficient funds are available.
- For any Social Function where alcohol will be served, a Liquor License (copy) is also required 3 weeks prior to the event. Click the link below for information on how to get a Liquor License from the LCBO. http://www.lcbo.com/products/permits.shtml
Note: Both Security Deposit and Liquor License must be dropped off at the Recreation Complex, Attention: Facility Booking, 1867 Valley Farm Road, Pickering, Ontario, L1V 3Y7.
Social Function with Alcohol Sold and/or Served:
- The City of Pickering requires any event serving alcohol to have a minimum of $1,000,000 third party general liability insurance coverage naming the "Corporation of the City of Pickering" as co-insured. A copy of the certificate is required 3 weeks prior to the event.
For "Closed Private Licensed functions", i.e., not opened to the general public and of a private nature, this certificate can usually be obtained via the applicant's home insurance. For "Public Licensed functions", this certificate can be obtained via PAL Insurance - 1-800-265-8098 or www.palcanada.com (click on Ontario Only- Party Alcohol Liability).
- The City of Pickering also requires, for "Public Licensed functions", a SmartServe Certificate (program designed to promote responsible alcohol beverage service). This certificate can be obtained online at www.smartserve.ca (look for the FAQ on the top menu, then Online Training for more information). The certificate is also required 3 weeks before the event.